Binding when turning

Go down

Binding when turning

Post  WORPsol on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 pm

I have a binding when turning right. The car was lowered about 1" and I lowered it 1.25" more today. When I turn left everything is ok. When I turn right after I get a bind. It only after the wheel reach a straight forward position. My suspension is JIC Majic FTL-A1's with Nuespeed camber kit. I havent adjusted my camber yet. I have new ball joints but not tie rod ends. I just noticed it today when I was putting it back in the car port for the evening. I will check it out more tomorrow. It dont do it at all turning left. Tires arent hitting IC pipe or anything I already checked for clearance probs. I am wondering if it is my tie rod ends or something. I think I may go with hiem joins anyways. Somethin I am goin to look into.
WORPsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Binding when turning

Post  hotrodj on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Are the springs preloaded? How much? But since you lowered the car, I'd imagine by adj'ing the rings under the spring down, you might have just make the spring kinda loose. Might be noise from it moving since its not being held by spring press from being pre-loaded?

Do you feel anything in the steering wheel when it happens?

hotrodj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Yeah I fell it in the steering wheel. It at first seem like I was turned all the way to the right. Then I realized the tired where straight and I forced past it. Once it gets past that certain spot it turns like butter. It feel like I am hitting something with the tire.
WORPsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:54 pm

I found out that the car is so low that my tie rod is hitting the bottom of the frame.
WORPsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down