Sol Honda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap

+2
Zen Chameleon
untitledsol
6 posters

Go down

hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap Empty hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 am

hey everyone here is the info. i have a 93 del sol si with an auto, i picked up an 95 civic ex with a d16z6 and y4f p20 standard, can i use the shift linkage from the ex in my sol? samfe for the cv shafts pedals, ext ext ext?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap Empty Re: hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap

Post  Zen Chameleon Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:34 am

Lol, welcome to the site man.

I'm not a pro on this subject but the only thing I'm pretty sure that won't work is the shift linkage as it will need to come from a Dseries Sol. Hopefully someone will hop in and correct me.

Oh, We like pics alot Twisted Evil
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap Empty Re: hello everyone, sol owner doing a tranny swap

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 am

dam. im gonna pull the linkage off the parts car tomorrow, jack the sol up and see if it looks like it will work, i dont see why it wouldnt, underneath is pretty much identical, i just wasnt sure about the lenght. just want to sort all this out before i start the swap, so i dont have the car sitting for more than one day. do you know what is supose to be different from the sol linkage to the ex ? same motor, same tranny, same undercarrage other than the lenght and srry for the poor spelling im soo frigen tired, thanks for replying tho
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:52 am

i will upload pics once the 7 day waiting time is up. ill try and url them from fb tho
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:27 am

so i think the civic ex linkage is 2 inches longer than the stock del sol one, i think that is the only difference. if that is the case im going to cut it down weld and sleave it to make sure it wont break, anyone think it will work?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonFed Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 am

Welcome to the site! And with welding the Civic linkage, I'm not sure if that will work or not. I say go for it and let us know! The worst thing that can happen is your car is down a bit longer as you source up a Del Sol linkage.

And if you use a website like Photobucket for your pictures you can post your pictures in your thread without having to wait the seven days. The seven day wait is to make sure we don't get spammers, hope it all works out for you. AND GET SOME PICS UP YO!
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Post  Finnish_EJ1_Racer Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 am

civic linkages dont fit, hop on hondaautomotiveparts.com and buy the linkage brand new for around $80. great imho.
Finnish_EJ1_Racer
Finnish_EJ1_Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 am

wow that sucks, haha do i only need the rods? or can i not use anything from the civic?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Finnish_EJ1_Racer Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 am

everything works EXCEPT the linkage.
Finnish_EJ1_Racer
Finnish_EJ1_Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

can you please be more specific? im srry, im just on a very tight budget right now, and want to make sure i get rid of this auto soon, dont trust it to be driving to school everyday. if its not to much to ask could you go on hondaautomotive and give me the numbers for the parts i will need?

also im still trying to figure this forum out i have a photobucket, but cant figure out how to get the pics to here before the 7 day thing. srry if im being a pain in the ass.
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Good to see you made it over here.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

thanks for the invite over.
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Finnish_EJ1_Racer Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 pm

oh good lord. lol i'll see what i can do
Finnish_EJ1_Racer
Finnish_EJ1_Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:39 pm

thanks
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:20 am

Finnish_EJ1_Racer wrote:oh good lord. lol i'll see what i can do

^^^hehe Laughing

@untitledsol, I guess Worp invited ya over, so does that mean your another Ar. guy? If Worp can't help you get pics up then let me know and I'll getcha lined out.

Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 pm

ar guy?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:29 am

untitledsol wrote:ar guy?

Nevermind...You added your location as Main Wink
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:40 am

ahh haha yeah, im up in the cold weather, its like 45 degrees right now, cold as hell
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Finnish_EJ1_Racer Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 am

dude ik man! my grandparents live in OOB and it gets cold fast lol
Finnish_EJ1_Racer
Finnish_EJ1_Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:31 am

Well, welcome to the site, and good luck with the tranny. Razz
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:34 pm

NICE, IM ABOUT an hour away from oob.
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down