Custom Del Sol CAI

Go down

Custom Del Sol CAI

Post  SpoonFed on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:45 pm

So... For a few months now I have been doing research and pricing on a custom CAI for our beloved Del Sols. And now that research and planning has become reality. I am almost done with the first prototype intake that I will be using and installing on my Del Sol. I do not want to post any pictures of it up yet, but as soon as I have a finished product I will be posting up pictures of it installed and by itself. I do not plan on going into a full production assembly line with these, but if any of you are interested in them I will sell them A LOT cheaper than what you get from companies like K&N and AEM. And these are a MUCH better quality than your typical $40 ebay intake. These are going to be made from industrial grade 6063 aluminum. I know 6061 is a stronger grade aluminum but it is SO hard to find what I need to make these with in 6061. And it turns out I got a great deal on a local company that makes what I need in 6063, so I went with that.

And if any of you are interested in this CAI of mine, I will sell them to S-H members for the cost of material + labor. I will also give the option to come with or without filter and hardware. This way you can have the choice of going with the filter/hardware I'm going to use or you can go with your own.

These prices are NOT final but to give you an idea of what it will cost, final prices will be determined when everything is all said and done.

CAI w/o filter and hardware: $60
CAI w/ filter and hardware: $120

These prices of course do not include S&H which will be determined depending on where you live. So like I said before, keep an eye out on this thread in the next few days to get pics of what this intake will look like on and off of the car.
SpoonFed
Admin

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Del Sol CAI

Post  SpoonFed on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Actually now that I look at it, the AEM V2 is almost identical to my design except for the filter placement. The AEM V2 is located behind the bumper, where my filter will be located in the passenger fender well...
SpoonFed
Admin

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum