Hazardous Dog Treats

Go down

Hazardous Dog Treats

Post  WORPsol on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:23 am

We have been giving our dog some Waggin Train dog treats. She started getting sick today. Vomiting and diarrhea. After some research online we found the product is from China and there are reports of them using "spent nuclear fuel rods to clean and sanitize the meat". It is causing kidney failure. The FDA is starting to get involved. It has reportedly been a prob since 2007 here in the US and then starting to be a prob in Canada. there where 150 cases in 07 and 08. This year there have already been 67 cases according to one site. In Australia the same thing has been linked to non chicken dog treats. Here are a few links with more info.

We contacted our vet tonight while this was goin on. After we told him what we had been feeding her he said that was exactly what our prob is. Also on one of the sites is says we have to inform our local FDA about it so we have to call them tomorrow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am goin to be very careful about what we give her from now on. Just wanted to let people know what happened to us and others.
WORPsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hazardous Dog Treats

Post  Zen Chameleon on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:37 pm

My God dude, Why havent they stopped that shit already? That's messed up! If that's how they clean meat then I'd rather eat it straight off the ground.

I hope your dog gets better.
Zen Chameleon
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 pm

She is doing fine today. Thanks though. She is a part of the family. Yeah I hope they get pulled from the market. Australia banned them and had no more dog health probs. The US needs to get off their ass and do the same.
WORPsol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum