Sol Honda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bad gas milage

3 posters

Go down

bad gas milage Empty bad gas milage

Post  untitledsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:28 pm

alright so my 93 sol si is getting 22 hiway i had my brother run it on the scan system and everything checked out perfect. plugs are white, brown color. i have no clue why my car is doing thins. any guesses?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

bad gas milage Empty Re: bad gas milage

Post  Zen Chameleon Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Could be so many things. Post up a pic of the plugs if ya can, also give us some more info like, which engine, how many miles, service schedule, any Mods you've made to the engine, any other issues that you may have had or noticed, does it have any other symptoms, (smoking, running rough, sputtering)???

Have you checked the timing, checked the injectors, changed the fuel filter, tires good? And is this a new event that changed out of the blue or has it been this way since you've had the car, and if all of the sudden then what was the last changes that you made??? What kind of driving (city- hwy) and is this your DD?

I'm not a guru on this subject but I bet more info could help to resolve the problem... Smile
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 pm

1.6 d16z6 dd my brother is a tech and makes sure every little detail is perfect. everything is up to date on the car. it was getting 38-40 hw and just randomly dropped to 22ish i have no upgrades to the car. all stock. little black buildup on the rear bumper from the exhaust, not burning oil tho. it is an automatic too. i am frigen pissed, it cost me 80$ a week to drive 60 miles every day. when i was getting about 400 miles to a tank. i cant afford gas to get to school now i dont have a job anymore...... just frigen stressed. like i said absolutly everything checks out ok in the system.
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Even though its testing good O2 might be starting to fail and might be enriching the fuel. The black soot is a good sign of running rich. Could also have a dirty injector thats not closing all the way and still spraying a little extra.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 pm

if it was running rich wouldnt you see a difference in the plugs. not white?
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  untitledsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm

i am getting a header with a new o2 from a friend this week so im gonna see if that fixxes it
untitledsol
untitledsol

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 pm

depends on how rich it was running.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:27 am

Yeah I'm gonna go with what Worp is saying too. If there hasn't really been any other changes in performance then this sounds about right. Good Luck with the other O2 Wink
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum