Sol Honda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened?

5 posters

Go down

What happened? Empty What happened?

Post  WORPsol Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:03 am

We had it goin good for a bit. What happened to everyone?
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

What happened? Empty Re: What happened?

Post  Zen Chameleon Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 am

I think you ran them all off and should be bant....lol J/K geek .

It's a forum, DUH Rolling Eyes . Out of 23 registered members we have about 14 "activish" members in the last month, 6 users that never even posted and 3 that havn't been around since Sept. Then I guess you have to concider that there may be a few lurkers that don't ever log in, or ever even joined for that matter.
I could go into details of why we don't have more members (like the fact you can't find this site with a google search and such) but no point and you know all this anyway. Then I'm sure "life" happens to everyone so that's always a factor when things "seem" to be slow all of the sudden.

All in All, I don't see why this is a question worthy of a thread, honestly.
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonFed Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:04 am

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to transfer the data over to the new site that will hopefully be in the making sooner or later. In the mean time I've listed our site in the google,yahoo, and bing directories for searching. But it can take a while for our site to become visible on the search engines. We need to promote the site, and get the name out there. I've also been doing some research on other rival sites for Del Sol's. Where at once I thought there were VERY little Del Sol sites I was wrong. There are a couple of pretty strong Del Sol sites out there. But they seem to be suffering from the same thing. It's hard to find them on a search, except for one and that's teamdelsol.com. But when I go to their site, it simply sucks. It lacks so much it even lacks more than our site, and that is saying a lot... But there is one website/forum out there for the Del Sol that has over 13k members.. And that is SolSociety.com and they have been around for a while. The site is also pretty crisp and clean, so getting people to come from their site to ours right now will be probably impossible. I know I wouldn't want to come to this basic site over a full featured one like theirs. But they have one fault, and it's the fact you can find them in a generalized search without specifically looking for them.

So now we've got to make the decision of continuing on our quest to make a website and fight against the forces of Sol Society and try to better them, which will cost a decent amount of money. Or, give up and join up with Sol Society haha, it's all up to you guys. We can also continue with what we have here and improve it, this is a powerful forum building website from what I've found out. There is a TON of help and information to be had in the help section.

And as for the slow period right now, either people have lost interest or everybody is busy. But I've noticed on website when winter moves in people intend to spend more time on the internet. So I'm sure it will pick back up again, maybe...
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 pm

I started the thread as more of a Whats been goin on, What have you been up to lately thing.

As for the Sol Society thing I am up for either. I have been passing the word on to as many Sol people as I can. I completely understand the cost of starting and running a web site/forum and getin the word out there. I had my own for a while and its almost time to renew my domain name. I am debating on doing it or not. It can be frustrating and can get expensive to do everything. One reason I slacked off on mine was trying to do everything my self and then all the cost involved.

Could always start a paypal donation for the site to help fund it since it is a non profit site.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 am

You guys should really spend more time doing your homework.

"Solsociety" (their site kept crashing my interwebs) but if your lucky enough to get on there then you should click general discussion then find the thread named "So who all still here" or whatever, it's like the 3rd listing below the stickies.

Solsociety has had a lot of issues and is barely more active than this one, at this time. They were one of the biggest and best but once they had problems with the site and such people left and never came back. <--This is what I remember gathering from there anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <-- "TeamSolCal" on the other hand is the only Del Sol dedicated forum that is active with more then 10 "active" members here in the USA. I take that back I think there is also one in Florida? All the other chapters are dead as hell, but still have really good info if you dig deap enough.
(I've searched every single link on "TeamSol"= [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at one point or another).

I think there are lots of reasons why all these old Del Sol forums have died, but thats too long of a theory to explain right now, not to mention pointless.

The biggest pool for potential new members would be from here --> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ...I have posted in that thread but havn't really networked per se.
But like you said (and it's kinda ironic) that people don't want to be apart/join a site that seems "slow/dead", it's kinda funny if you ask me.

Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 am

WORPsol wrote:I started the thread as more of a Whats been goin on, What have you been up to lately thing.

Could always start a paypal donation for the site to help fund it since it is a non profit site.

Oh umm, nothing much really, what have you been up to? HAHAHA!
My time and money is strapped, if it wasn't for the fact that I can get online from work then you prolly wouldn't see me either Laughing

As far as donations go, I'm gonna go straight to the point with.....
I think it's a poor idea. (at this time)
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonFed Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 am

Well, my Sol is also dead at the moment. Went to install my new suspension last night and my rear LCAs need to be replaced. ALL the bolts that hold the LCAs and the struts to the LCAs are frozen solid. Happened on my EK as well and I ended up replacing the LCAs on the EK as well. Snapped off a few bolts with a breaker bar when an impact would not work. So as of right now my Sol is parked in the garage until I can afford to buy from F2 LCAs and I'm also going to go ahead and save up and get my F2 full bodies to go along with it. So my Sol is down for winter and until I can get a new engine rebuild the way I want and the suspension that I need.
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:07 pm

^^^/thread

That sucks man, but it happens to us all. I don't remember the last time Worp drove his Sol, think it's been a good year now. Mine runs but I'm froze on the engine build that I've been working on for over a year. I also think alot of Sol owners try to park them during winter if possible anyways. They are a novelty to say the least
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 pm

The FL Sol on is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Its a pretty decent site. I am a member on there. Some really nice cars down there.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Bleh. I've just been busy trying to find a second job.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 pm

The days I work I hardly get on here. I work 12hrs a night.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Eg2soler Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:46 pm

I was gonna ask the something..
Eg2soler
Eg2soler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content