Sol Honda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally bought a B&M short shifter

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Finally bought a B&M short shifter - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally bought a B&M short shifter

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Been outside for two fucking hours trying to jack this piece of shit up.
Using one of those air jacks...I can't for the life of me get this thing high enough in the air to put some jack stands underneath it.

This is pissing me off hard.

I'm thinking about taking it to the car lot I got it from and putting it on a lift.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Finally bought a B&M short shifter - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally bought a B&M short shifter

Post  SpoonFed Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm

A lift would make it a lot easier!
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481843476

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:49 pm

SpoonFed wrote:A lift would make it a lot easier!
Oh sure, I have one of those in my back yard. Let me go and get it...
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, even after you get the front end high enough to put stands under the Sol it looks dangerously tilted. I guess it's because it's a shorter wheel base? or is that my imagination?

Ramps would be a good option if you had a neighbor willing to let you borrow a pair. You could always make a set with enough plywood (if you know how). Harbor Frieght sells between 1-2 tall lifting 3 ton hydro jacks that will get the job done and you can just about always grab one for under $100 (got mine for $69 after discounts). If you wanted to get real redneck then you could straddle a ditch to get under it safely. Some of you more fortunate city folk can rent from your local parts stores, so ask around.

Eitherway don't cut corners on safety, good luck
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey guess what assholes?! Very Happy

I got a decent jack...and put it on jackstands...

But now I get to deal with this BULLSHIT here..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is the worst fucking bolt I have ever seen.
I get under the car to loosen the nut attached to it, it just turns with the nut. And I have NOTHING to hold it in place to get the nut off.

So, the sun went down while I was fucking with this useless bolt, and now my car has no shifter hooked up, and I have work tomorrow.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I can't really tell with that pic but are you sure that's a bolt that you have to take out? Grab some lights and get back to work, I don't have time for your little breaks Cool
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Zen Chameleon wrote:I can't really tell with that pic but are you sure that's a bolt that you have to take out? Grab some lights and get back to work, I don't have time for your little breaks Cool
It's one of the two bolts that holds the shifter inside the dust seal and shit.
I can't get it loose because the bolt is rusted onto the nut and they just turn together when you try to loosen the nut.

If I had someone with a pair of pliers or something holding the bolt in place, I could get it out.. but I don't..
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:58 pm

I wish I still had my spare to look at but I don't think those have to come loose man. Shit I don't remember and don't have time to search the manual. You'll have to take another look at it and see what your missing. I'm pretty sure those bolts can stay in place and still pull it apart. I may be wrong though Question
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Zen Chameleon wrote:I wish I still had my spare to look at but I don't think those have to come loose man. Shit I don't remember and don't have time to search the manual. You'll have to take another look at it and see what your missing. I'm pretty sure those bolts can stay in place and still pull it apart. I may be wrong though Question
Well these bolts apparently hold the thing in place that holds the dust boot and shit in place, so I can't pull the old shifter out unless I undo these bolts and pull this fucker out.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonFed Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:39 am

Those are the bolts I was telling you about. You NEED somebody up top with pliers or vice grips. Because nothing really holds them down, they work with the pressure from the nut on the bottom. Sorry to tell you but without somebody up top holding the bolts still, you are not going to get them off. And also remember, THESE BOLTS LIKE YOU SAID ARE RUSTED AND WILL BREAK VERY, VERY, VERY EASILY!!! BE CAREFUL!!!
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:48 am

I stand corrected, Thankz SpoonFed! Well you know now what you must do.

May the Force be with you alien
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonFed Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:46 am

That is the only pain in the ass part about changing the shifter....
SpoonFed
SpoonFed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 am

The one on the other side was easy as hell, all I did was put an adjustable wrench on it and untighten the nut. But the other one just wouldn't budge. I said fuck it and put the stock shifter back on.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 am

PB Blaster Twisted Evil

Just don't get it in your eyes and even on your skin lol
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 am

Zen Chameleon wrote:PB Blaster Twisted Evil
I don't know what that is but I'm broke as fuck.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  WORPsol Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Glad you like the B&M. I have the Pro version. I love it.
WORPsol
WORPsol

Back to top Go down

Post  Zen Chameleon Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Black94Si wrote:I don't know what that is but I'm broke

Did you ever even get your ES bushings? And PB Blaster is a "Powerful Penatrating Catalyst" I know that may sound kinky and all but it's nothing more than DW40 on steroids.
Zen Chameleon
Zen Chameleon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Black94Si Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Zen Chameleon wrote:
Black94Si wrote:I don't know what that is but I'm broke

Did you ever even get your ES bushings? And PB Blaster is a "Powerful Penatrating Catalyst" I know that may sound kinky and all but it's nothing more than DW40 on steroids.
I didn't get the bushings, nor did I get the shifter installed.
Black94Si
Black94Si

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2